Monday, April 30, 2018

The Great Cloth Diaper Change - The Change I Recommend

I was one of the early bird registrants of The Great Cloth Diaper Change - Pampanga Leg (GCDC). However, few days before the event, I wasn't quite sure that me and my twins can come to this event I was looking forward to. I was yaya-less, my husband had to work on a Saturday, and obviously, I can't bring all of my four kids with me. Fortunately, with the help of my mom, my sister and my brother; I didn't miss GCDC.

April 21st - I was so happy to have finally met my co-cloth-diapering mommies and daddies. Technically I need to be there as one of the co-presenters of the event representing Pampanga Circle of Moms. I was joined by my co-admin and co-mommy blogger, Yannah Guiao of Mama Adventures, and another co-admin Monica Gonzales. Although, I could have chosen to attend the event by myself, I didn't. I was too ecstatic to participate in the simultaneous cloth diaper change. My sister accompanied me because obviously I can't change my twins diapers at the same time.

At exactly 11am, the simultaneous changing of cloth diapers began, take note, this happened nationwide! After about 5 minutes, all the participants were asked to raise their little ones, now all wearing cloth diapers. 

Here's a photo of me and Lyndale after the change. Photo by: Mama Adventures
The Great Cloth Diaper Change and Eco Fair 2018 was organized by the City Tourism Office and the City of Environment and Natural Resources Office of San Fernando. It was held in Vista Mall San Fernando, and was hosted by Ms. Ching Pangilinan, the City Tourism Officer. A small talk was also given by cloth diapering experts, Mommy Janet Munoz and Mommy Gienah Albano. Aside from the GCDC, mompreneurs were also invited to display and sell their eco-friendly items. There were also some games and raffle. 

The official poster of GCDC Pampanga. Please follow their official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GCDCPampanga/
Changing from disposable diapers to cloth diapers was one of the greatest decisions of my life. I have to agree that it was expensive to build stash but in the long run, I have saved a lot of money on using cloth diapers; especially because I have twins. Inconvenient? Well, yes in some ways, but knowing I am saving mother earth is all worth it. That's why, make the change now, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment