Saturday, September 16, 2017

Food Review: Rodolfo's Tuyo Flakes

Have you ever heard of gourmet tuyo? Or maybe the right question is, have you ever tasted gourmet tuyo? I have seen famous celebrities eating and cooking this dish on their social media accounts, so I decided to try cooking it for myself few months ago. I researched for the right recipe and I changed my mind (LOL). For a work-at-home-mom with four children, I just can't do the flaking part, haha! Thankfully and in just the right time, I was sent some product samples for tasting by Juanico Food Enterprises, Rodolfo's Tuyo Flakes or commonly known as gourmet tuyo (dried herring).

Here's what I've received, Rodolfo's Tuyo Flakes in Original and Spicy flavor :)
As one of the "masang Pilipino", I love tuyo. While some prefer to eat tuyo with champorado (sweet chocolate rice porridge), me on the other hand loves to eat tuyo dipped in vinegar with fried rice or steamed rice. It's a good thing to know that Rodolfo's Tuyo Flakes is made of dried herring flakes and 100% pure olive oil, no other oil and no food coloring added. Since both me and my husband are spicy food lovers, we tried out the spicy flavor first. We had steamed hot rice and Rodolfo's Tuyo Flakes in Spicy flavor for lunch. That's it, no need for any other dip or seasoning. It was delicious and addicting! We just can't stop eating until it was all gone (hehe). I guess I have to buy in big jars next time. The next day, we tried Rodolfo's Tuyo Flakes Original. This one tasted like Spanish Sardines. Though, again, since we love spicy food, we prefer the spicy flavor over it. The good thing about eating gourmet tuyo is that we don't need to flake, no fish bone whatsoever, eating one spoonful to another is not a problem. Pairing it with an iced cold soda or iced tea is also a good idea.

Rodolfo's Tuyo Flakes in 40z jar, both spicy and original flavor is at 130php each.


Tuyo Flakes in 225g is at 170php each.

They also have the filleted tuyo in 250g at 245php each

I highly recommend moms and dads, to try gourmet tuyo. You have two options, make one for yourself - buy a jar, a pack of tuyo, olive oil and other spices, then cook, flake and mix. Or just simply buy Rodolfo's Tuyo. Of course, I'll choose to buy one. In fact, Rodolfo's Tuyo offers discounts for bulk orders and they are open for re-sellers.

Grab your phone and visit their Facebook and Instagram accounts for your orders: www.facebook.com/rodolfostuyo and @rodolfos_tuyoph

No comments:

Post a Comment