Monday, August 7, 2017

Breastfeeding Month Special: Getting to Know Your Parenting Station by Abe-Abe Moms

I am a mom of four. With my two girls, I thought that when you are a working mom, you should automatically bottle-feed your baby. Not even the hospital where I gave birth recommended or educated me about breastfeeding. Even pediatricians I chose in the past didn't give me much information. In fact, they recommended formula milk right away. My mom and my OB-GYN encouraged me to do so, but I guessed encouragement was simply not enough. 

When I was pregnant with my twins, I was so eager to breastfeed them. Online support groups had influenced me a lot. I have educated myself well with breastfeeding do's and don'ts. I have read a lot of articles about breastfeeding and all things connected to it. I've done so much research. In fact, I felt I became obsessed to it. Unfortunately, the hospital where I chose to give birth is not breastfeeding friendly. I wouldn't want to get into details but my twins first milk was formula. They had to stay in the hospital for three more days. I was in pain, we didn't have a car, I couldn't go to the hospital to give them milk so they had more formula. At home, I would love to ditch the formula but I was alone with my four children most of the time because my husband had to work. I just couldn't get the tandem feeding right. And the stress went on and on, my milk was gone no matter how hard I've tried to bring it back. In the end, I had to choose to save myself from post-partum depression. I blame no one for what happened. I am still proud that I have breastfed my twins for four months! 

I may not have been successful with my breastfeeding journey but I still call myself a breastfeeding advocate because of my will to help other moms to be successful in theirs. Moms, especially those who lives in Pampanga, I would like to introduce you to Your Parenting Station by Abe-Abe Moms


Your Parenting Station by Abe-Abe Moms specializes in breastfeeding basics, baby wearing, cloth diapering and parenting. It is owned by Ms. Marlene Deang-De Mata, a breastfeeding advocate. It offers lactation counseling and consultation with certified health care providers and counselors. It also sells breastfeeding products and other supplies such as Medela, Baby Leaf, Honey Suckle, Baby K' Tan, Snug-a-Hug, Mamacare and a lot more. 

With the very accommodating Ms. Marlene.
Visit them anytime from 10am to 6pm from Mondays to Fridays and 10am to 5pm on Saturdays. It is located on G/F Nadeco Meifoods Commercial Bldg., Magalang Road, Corner R.A. Canlas St., Pandan, Angeles City.

Note that their one-on-one counseling is by appointment basis. You can contact them via mobile: 0908-863-6154, email: abeabemoms@gmail.com, Facebook: www.facebook.com/abeabeparentingstation/, and Instagram: @abeabemoms.

Moms, be informed that you are not alone in your breastfeeding journey. When you think your support system is not enough, or you just want to be prepared, now you know, Your Parenting Station by Abe-Abe Moms is just within your reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment