Friday, July 28, 2017

Bringing Back the Mommy Confidence featuring Laurent Cosmetics, Cleopatra's Secret and The Happy Organics

In a perfect world, moms are expected to always look pretty and neat all the time. They should dress nicely and smell good. In reality, moms are being puked on, peed on and even pooped on. Hair's being pulled, sometimes face is being leaked or bitten by our little ones too. Most of the time, we forget to brush our hair and sometimes sleep without even taking a bath. In as much as we want to be pretty all the time, we just can't, simply because we're moms! 

As a mom who shifted from being a working-mom to a stay-at-home-mom, I have experienced a drastic change on my daily beauty routine. Back when I was a working mom, I made sure I moisturize my skin, I used sunblock to protect myself from the sun and I am required to wear full make-up at work. My hair was always neat, I even curl it sometimes. I've done all of these because I need to, they were necessities for my job. Now that I stay at home, my daily beauty routine are taking a bath and brushing my teeth all in five minutes or less. Sometimes, even when I go out to do some errands, I just tie my hair, dab a little baby powder on my face then go. Until I felt the need to change my routine not to meet other people's expectations, not even to please my husband but I simply has to do it for myself. There were times that I literally hide myself from people I know when I see them in malls because I'm not ready on what they have to say about me. Usually, when we accidentally bump into people we know, they would leave us with comments we will never forget and may either make us or break us. Some of them are, "Uy, tumaba ka ata?" (Hey, you look like you've gained some weight!) or "Gumaganda ka ah!" (You look more beautiful!) or "Tumanda ata itsura mo?" (Don't you look quite older than your age?). I realized I am not ready for any comment, especially if it's a bad one. I lost my confidence, but now, I'm ready to win it back.

I won't necessary be like the mom in a perfect world, but I will at least find time to take care of my face, skin and hair. I will also try to make a five minutes or less make-up routine whenever I leave the house to run some errands or when I go out with my family and especially when I'm out with my friends.

I'm not really a selfie person but I feel so confident in this photo so I'm sharing it with you. Guess what? I'm actually about to clean the kitche here. LOL
Of course, I would like to encourage all moms to do the same. Let me share with you some tips that I personally do regularly (or at least I'm trying to). These are all done at home considering the fact that I can't go to the salon and spa with my mommy situation.

1. I wash, tone and moisturize my face at least twice a day (morning and evening) with products that match my skin type.
2. I use extra virgin coconut oil for my hair at least once a week for deep conditioning.
3. I treat myself with face mask at least once a week for hydration, to remove excess oil and impurities and to minimize my pores.
4. I'm not really a fan of lotion so I use body oil to moisturize my skin. I do this whenever I feel the need to.
5. I ask my husband to give me a back massage or a full-body massage at least once a week, I also do the same for him.
6. Of course, I make sure that I take a bath at least once daily.

For my less than five minute make-up routine:

1. I only use four products: lip and cheek stain, mascara, eyebrow make-up (because kilay is life, lol), and powder (can be loose or compact).
2. First, brush a thin layer of powder on the face and neck.
3. Second, do the kilay (eyebrows).

4. Third, put your favorite lip and cheek tint for an "au naturel" look.
5. Fourth, put some mascara on.
6. Lastly, brush another layer of powder to set the look.
7. In addition, style your hair as desired.
8. Wear a nice OOTD. :)

Here are some of the products that I have used, my review and where to find them:

Cleopatra's Secret Anti-aging Facial Cleanser and Brightening Papaya Face Mask. My husband and I are currently using the facial cleanser. It's 100% natural so it's very gentle on our skin. No sting feeling at all. It removes excess oil on our faces but leaves our skin moisturized and soft. The brightening papaya face mask has a cooling effect which made us feel really relaxed. 
Here's the reason why the face mask is empty. We used the full 30 gram package and as you can see, my husband didn't want to waste any of the product so he used it even on his neck and shoulders. Thus, 30 grams can be used by up to three persons. This is our before and after photos. We also used the facial cleanser before putting the mask and used it to wash the mask. The result, soft and fresh looking faces.
Next 2 Nature Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I used this to deep-condition my hair and also to grow back my post-partum hair loss. The oil stayed on my hair for one hour before I washed it thoroughly. The result is shinier and healthier hair. This can also be used as a body oil to moisturize the skin, I only use a little amount but it feels smooth on my skin. Lastly, we also use it as a body massage oil. It's a wonder-oil. It has many uses.


The Happy Organics Lavender Green Tea Body Oil. Another good oil for the skin. I love the mixture scent of lavender and green tea, so relaxing. It's a body and massage oil in one. It is made of organic argan and sweet almond which can both do wonders on skin. I love that it doesn't leave the skin with a sticky feel but adds a natural glow on it.

Laurent Cosmetics Lip and Cheek Stain. This product can make you look great in a minute or less. Since I've received this product, I used it religiously when I go out. It's thin on the lips and cheek, it doesn't easily fade and it gives me a natural glow. It's also organic so it's safe to use even on my sensitive skin.
Here's my Laurent Cosmetics Lip and Cheek Stain look (photo taken during the day).

The Happy Organics Lip and Cheek Stain. Another organic product for my less than five minute make-up routine. I love that aside from giving me a natural glow look, it also smells tutti-fruity good.

Here's my The Happy Organics Lip and Cheek Stain look (photo taken during the night).
Laurent Cosmetics, Cleopatra's Secret and The Happy Organics offer a lot of affordable, 100% natural and organic products for our skin. Visit and like the following Facebook pages:

and follow their Instagram accounts:

I am so happy to announce that one lucky mom will get the chance to try their products. Watch out for my next post for more details. Moms, let's bring back our mommy confidence because we deserved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment